When designing storage shelves in the warehouse storage racks manufacturers, in addition to the carrying capacity, there are some data that cannot be ignored. These data affect the layout and placement of the shelves, the utilization rate of warehouse space, the turnover efficiency of the shelves, and even the safety. Today, the pallet racking manufacturers will take you to understand what data.
- Shelf aisle: The aisle distance between shelves is closely related to the type of shelf and the way of picking up goods. For example, the aisle of the laminate shelf for manual picking does not need to be too large. A forklift aisle of about 3.2-3.5 meters needs to be reserved between ordinary beam-type shelves, and a forklift aisle of about 1.6-2 meters needs to be reserved for narrow-aisle shelves.
- Warehouse height: The height of the warehouse determines the height of the shelf. For example, if the height of the warehouse is less than 4.5 meters, it is not suitable for loft-style shelves, otherwise the space will become very depressing. The higher the height of the warehouse, the greater the available vertical space, and the smaller the limit on the height of the shelves. You can try high shelves, etc., which can improve the space utilization of the warehouse.
- Fire hydrant position: When laying out the shelves, the position of the fire hydrant in the warehouse must be considered, otherwise it will cause problems for the installation. Even after the installation is completed, the fire department may not pass it when it comes to acceptance.
- Walls and columns: The location of walls and columns is also taken into consideration. Ordinary beam racks can be placed in two groups back to back where there is no wall, and can only be placed in a single row where there is a wall, otherwise it will affect the convenience of picking up the goods.
- Warehouse lamps: The height of the lamps cannot be ignored, because the heat emitted by the lamps during work is too close to the shelves, which may cause fire hazards.